Dickey's Barbecue Pit (Kyle)


I participated in a relay race from Austin to Corpus Christi recently. One of the cities we went through was Lockhart so I had to grab some moist brisket from Black's. I wanted to try different barbecue joints along the route, but we just did not have enough time to do so. You can read about the race here. The first thing I wanted once I got back into town was to grab some barbecue. Amber and I ended up at Dickey's Barbecue Pit which was just a few miles away from our house. We are not a big fan of chain restaurants in general, but I often receive coupons for them via email. Dickey's will often send me coupons for free plates or sandwiches.


Dickey's uses an industrial gas smoker which I feel like they are cheating when they do this. No one needs to tend to a fire to regulate the heat. Every time we leave the restaurant, we smell so smoky for whatever reason. I ordered the three meat plate with moist brisket, pork ribs, and polish sausage with macaroni and cheese and fries on the side. The brisket was tender and smoky but really greasy. They did not trim the brisket very well before they smoked it, and there was a lot of fat left on it when they were slicing it. The brisket did not have a lot of flavor going on though. The ribs were decent and had a sweet, smoky glaze. They were coming off the bone and a little dry. The polish sausage was a commercial sausage and was just boring. The macaroni and cheese was good, but how can you really mess that up? They were out of their regular waffle fries which I was disappointed to find out. Waffle fries always hit the spot for me. When an employee brought me steak fries, and I was like ah crap.


Dickey's is not our favorite, but it is close, fast, and cheap. I have had a pulled pork sandwich before, and it is pretty decent. I would stay away from the chicken because it is just the breast with no bones or skin. They also have free soft serve ice cream. Every time I eat barbecue, I always want ice cream later, so this works out for me. Dickey's Barbecue Pit is a chain, so what more can you expect? Grade: Other

Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 5695 Kyle Pkwy #100, Kyle, TX 78640
Phone: (512) 268-3200
Website:
https://www.dickeys.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dickeysbarbecuepit
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Dickeys

Comments

Popular Posts