Uncle Billy's Brew & Que


Restaurants with a great location in my opinion do not always serve the greatest food. Uncle Billy's Brew & Que is one of those places. They are located at a prime location off of Barton Springs Road. A lot of foot traffic comes through the area. It is a great place to go hang out and drink. They have a nice patio outside where they sometimes have live music. They also brew their own beer on site.


You order everything by a quarter of a pound except the ribs and sausage here. I like ordering my meat by the slices. I ordered a quarter pound of moist brisket, one pork rib, and a link of sausage. The brisket I got was a lean cut and was really dry. It had good smoke but was completely boring. I asked if they had run of moist, but the waiter said they still had some and brought it to me. The moist was a little bit better. It could have used more rub and for the fat to be rendered better. The rib also had good smoke but was lackluster in flavor as well. It was tender and juicy. The sausage was a commercial sausage that tasted like it was from a grocery store. I needed sauce to make this meal decent. The peppercorn BBQ sauce was good. It was smoky and a little spicy. I also order a beer with my meal. I got one of the house beers, Lager 9, and it was smooth.


I just do not get Uncle Billy's. I am surprised they are still open sometimes. The food has never been good. Their barbecue is just meh. Uncle Billy's best thing might be their queso. They apparently have beef ribs on special, and I might want to try the pulled pork someday. Probably not anytime soon. Grade: Other

Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 1530 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704
Phone: (512) 476-0100
Website:
http://unclebillys.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UncleBillys
Twitter: https://twitter.com/UncleBillys

Comments

Popular Posts