Delaney Barbecue (BrisketTown)


JetBlue recently had a sale on airfare flying in and out of their main hub of New York City. We ended up booking another visit because the fares were 32 bucks each way! The last time I was in NYC, I visited Hometown Bar-B-Que in Brooklyn. It was a toss-up between Hometown and Delaney Barbecue last time so this time we were heading to Delaney. It is also known as BrisketTown. Owner/pitmaster Daniel Delaney learned his craft from one of Texas' best Wayne Mueller of Louie Mueller Barbecue.


When we got to the address of the restaurant, I was like where is it? You would have not guess a barbecue joint was there. They smoke the meats off-site. Amber, my sister, and a friend of college, and I were going to do the Meatfest, but they were out of the hot links. Instead, we got two pounds of moist brisket, a pound of pork ribs, and a half pound of pulled pork to share. We also order sides of collard greens and macaroni and cheese.


The brisket had a simple rub of salt and pepper that you often see in Central Texas. Phenomenal. That is my description of it. It rivals some of the best in Texas. The smoky meat was so tender. The flavor and texture were on point. The pork ribs were solid. You can taste the sweetness from the molasses coming through from the rub. It had a nice clean smoke taste but was a little chewy. The pulled pork was outstanding. It was smoky and juicy. It also had a sweet undertone. I ate most of it because I could not stop. The macaroni and cheese was the best I ever had. It was rich and creamy. The choice of pasta and cheese with the jalapeƱo kick made it out of this world. You cannot order this dish to-go. I could see why. They would never have enough of it available. I did not try the collard greens. The house-made pickles and potato bread were a nice added touch.


I give Daniel Delaney a lot of credit. He came to Texas to learn from the best. He made Delaney Barbecue into something legit. I eat bad and average BBQ often so when I come across a place like this, I am delighted. During warmer weather, Delaney serves up 'cue on the High Line at the location known as the SmokeLine. So far my barbecue experiences in the NYC have been great. Grade: N/A

Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 359 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11211
Phone: (718) 701-8909
Website: http://www.delaneybbq.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DelaneyBBQ
Twitter: https://twitter.com/delaneybbq

Comments

Popular Posts