Hou BBQ Festival 2017

One of my favorite BBQ festivals is the Houston BBQ Festival. This year was the fifth edition of the event and our third year to attend. Read about last year's here. At the last two, I ate myself silly. I went to most of these places in the month of January so this year, I wanted to sample some delicious bites and have a good time. There were 25 BBQ joints participating this year.


Blood Bros. BBQ

Smoked 44 Farms chuck roll

Smoked 44 Farms chuck roll slider

The Brisket House

Chipotle citrus glazed baby back ribs

Brooks’ Place BBQ

Brisket

CorkScrew BBQ

Smoked prime rib

Smoked prime rib with potatoes

El Burro & the Bull

Brisket, jalapeño cheddar sausage, and boudin

Feges BBQ

Turducken sausage

Carolina style whole hog w/ slaw and turducken sausage

Gatlin’s BBQ

Red snapper


Brisket

Gerardo’s

Tacos

Killen's Barbecue

Smoked pork belly then deep fried being glazed


Smoked pork belly then deep fried being glazed

Smoked pork belly, deep fried, glazed and smoked again

Beef rib, pork belly burnt ends, and American Wagyu brisket

Louie Mueller Barbecue

Beef rib


Beef rib in a croissant

Beef rib in a croissant with lamb lollipops

Pinkerton's Barbecue

Glazed bacon wrapped duck with candied jalapeños

Burnt ends


Pulled pork sliders

Sarah McQuillan and Grant Pinkerton


Ray’s BBQ Shack

Meat coming off the smoker


Pile of meat


Rib tips, beef rib, brisket, sausage, beef belly, and fried corn on a stick

Roegels Barbecue Co.

Pastrami

Southern Q BBQ


Boudin

Brisket, sausage, boudin & spicy cracker

The Pit Room

Cabrito and Iberico suckling pig

Cabrito and Iberico suckling pig

Cabrito

Iberico suckling pig

The Houston BBQ Festival was moved up a month earlier than last year's. It made a big difference. It was sunny, beautiful, and comfortable. It is one of the premier events to attend. It is well-organized and spacious with a lot of tasty bites. Although I have been eating a lot of barbecue this year including a ton of places in Houston, I was looking forward to the festival. It did not disappoint. I felt like some of the places were trying to one up each other with their BBQ offerings. It is a win-win for all of us when this happens. The event is a great way to showcase the best of the Houston barbecue scene. Hopefully I will be back every year. It is one of those events that I do not want to miss.


On a side note, I have changed cameras recently. I have gone from a Canon 70D to a FujiFilm X-T20 for size and lens purposes. I am happy with the results so far. Future blog entries will feature photos from both cameras until I finally empty out my queue. Enjoy.

Until next time, happy smoking...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts