Hutchins BBQ (First Impression)


It has been a couple of months since I blogged about a BBQ joint. I will try to blog more this year. No guarantees though. Amber and I were in Dallas for a wedding in September 2017. We went to CattleAck the day before, and I hit up Pecan Lodge after I dropped Amber off at the hotel. I want to eat barbecue all the time, but Amber does not. It is not fair to her if we eat BBQ all the time so I try to make it as accommodating as I can. We agreed on that we can make one more stop on this trip. I wanted to go somewhere I have never been. Hutchins BBQ has been high on my list for a while. I have had their meats at festivals and have heard great things about them. FYI- Downton Dallas to McKinney where Hutchins is located is not a short drive at all. They have a Frisco location, but I wanted to go to the original one. The Hutchins location was going through a renovation at the time which included expanding the dining room.



The all you can eat option on the menu looked really tempting. I will have to come back someday just to do it. We ordered a two-meat plate with brisket and pork ribs and added some jalapeño cheese sausage and turkey with sides of broccoli salad (#healthy) and mashed potatoes. I heard excellent things about the Texas Twinkies so we got two of those. The brisket was superb. It was moist and tender with a great smokiness to it. The pork ribs were a touch sweet which I like, and the meat came off the bone nicely. I only let Amber have one of them because I ate the rest. Oops. They make their sausage in-house, and the jalapeño cheese might be one of my favorites. It was tasty, cheesy, and had a nice spicy finish. The turkey was juicy and had a good flavor to them.


What are the Texas Twinkies? Magical? Heaven? Brisket and cream cheese stuffed jalapeño with bacon wrapped around it and smoked and glazed with BBQ sauce. They were a good size too. Hutchins take the jalapeño popper to a new level. I wish I ordered a few to-go. They are only available on the weekends though. Believe it or not, every time I see broccoli salad on the menu, I am ordering it. It makes me feel like I am being healthy. Both sides were tasty. If you dine-in, you can enjoy complimentary banana pudding. Also, if you did not know by now, I love banana pudding. I used to hate it, and it is because I had the fake banana tasting ones in the past. Shame on you if you do this. This one was good. I enjoyed the fluffy bites.


I wish I had not waited so long to check out Hutchins BBQ. Everything was really good. I feel like they may be a little underrated. It is a no-fuss joint serving top notch barbecue. I do also want to come back and try the fried catfish on the menu. I just need to make time to go back to Dallas. If you are in the DFW area, Hutchins must be on your list to visit.

Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 1301 N Tennessee St, McKinney, TX 75069
Phone:
Website: http://hutchinsbbq.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Hutchins-BBQ-McKinney-117265061628360/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HutchinsBBQ

Comments

Popular Posts